Looking forward to the weekend?
LOVE going out to brunch and getting those pancakes?
Eating out and experimenting different restaurants is definitely fun, but making your own pancakes from scratch is also a lot of fun! It's also a great way to make it healthier so you don't have to feel guilty afterwards. 😊
Try our Whole Wheat Pancake with Applesauce.
INGREDIENTS (~10 pancakes):
• 1 cup and 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 tbsp honey
• 6 tbsp applesauce
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• Oil or butter for the pan
• Fresh seasonal fruits
1. Mix the whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. Add unsweetened almond milk, honey, applesauce and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix to incorporate.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Brush a bit of oil or butter and cook the batter until bubbles form. Flip and cook the other side.
4. Serve them with fresh seasonal fruits and some extra drizzles of honey.
In this recipe, applesauce is the secret ingredient, preventing the pancake from being dry without having to add extra fat/oil. This secret tip works for many other recipes - when you're baking a muffin or a cake, try replacing 1/3 to half the fat/oil with applesauce.